Why your liver matters.
Did you know the liver does over 500 different functions? It performs a range of essential functions like producing bile and proteins, ridding the body of toxins, cleaning your blood and storing vitamins and minerals. It plays a huge role in digestion and processes everything thing you eat or drink, including medicine. That makes it pretty darn important!
Many different things can stress our liver (and thus our entire self!). Often when people think of liver issues, they associate it with excess alcohol consumption which certainly is a big player, but by no means the only one.
Some signs your liver might be asking for help:
The whites of the eyes have a yellow color
The upper right abdomen is tender to touch and feels tight
Tired all the time
Dark circles under your eyes
Easy to bruise
Right shoulder pain
Dark urine or pale stools
Of course, this isn't an "end all be all" list or a definitive sign you have a liver issue. It is always important to get assessed.
Liver issues can have many causes. Parasites and viruses can infect the liver causing inflammation. Immune system abnormalities can create inflammation, toxin overload all can play a role and all create inflammation in the system.
One of the most helpful things I've found most helpful for the liver and reduce chronic, cellular inflammation is Amino Neurofrequency Therapy. This is a drug and chemical free frequency therapy ( much like EKG, EEG, Laser are frequency therapies). This wearable therapy provides 3 days of continuous therapy for greater healing.
Other helpful tips to boost and protect your liver include:
* Reduce alcohol intake
* Avoid processed foods ( think refined carbs like white bread, crackers, pasta, deli meat, fried foods, energy drinks)
* Exercise ( Helps to burn triglycerids and reduce liver fat)
* Watch your weight. Excess weight adds to liver concerns
* Avoid saturated fats
* Be mindful of toxin overload ( think medications, pesticides,cleaning supplies, aerosols, insecticides)
* Add in plenty of leafy greens and other vegetables into your diet. Blueberries, cranberries, fatty fish, olive oil and nuts are also a good addition to your diet.
Curious to learn more? Reach out to schedule a FREE initial health consult or pass this offer on to someone you care about. Take good care of your liver. There is a reason the word "live" is in the name "liver"!
Breakthrough Wellness RI